Plastic Injection Mold Setup Technicians (Full-Time)
Starting at $15–$20+ Per Hour DOE
As a Plastic Injection Mold Setup Technician with Augustine Plastics, Inc. (API), you will use your mechanical and machinery experience, and 1–2 years of plastic injection molding experience (preferred), to play a key role in the production of plastic parts and components for a wide array of industries including Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Medical, Water/Wastewater Treatment, and more. The Plastic Injection Mold Setup Technician works Monday to Friday, 3rd Shift, 10:00 pm to 6:00 am and receives holidays off with pay. API offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Follow Work Instructions to set up, start up, and maintain injection molding equipment and machinery and install and remove molds.
- Maintain optimum molding processes, perform material handling/storage, and other miscellaneous jobs.
- Evaluate parts per Molding and Finishing Guidelines.
- Release parts for molding via check-off documentation.
- Enter required information on IQMS RTStation operator panel.
- Hook hoist to mold as well as lift mold from presses.
- Maintain inventory.
- Maintain setup records.
- Recommend parts and accessories that need to be ordered.
- Provide operator training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of machinery and equipment
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 55 lbs.
- Ability to use hoists to maneuver and set up tooling weights of up to approximately 15,000 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail
- Negative 10-Panel Drug Screen
- Knowledge of the following machinery and equipment preferred: Conair® Silo, hot stampers, ultrasonic welders, control systems, chiller, robots, forklift, scales, building hydraulic hose, building water hose, hopper loaders, parts separator, dryers, new molds, and miscellaneous equipment
- Experience with multimeters, air tools, hand tools, power tools, test equipment, gauges, scales, gantries, and hoists
- Experience with ERP/MRP software
- Valid forklift operator’s license
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED) required
- Plastics Technologist Certification or Associate degree in Plastics Technology preferred
- 1–2 years of plastics molding experience preferred
- Willing to train the right candidate with mechanical and machinery experience
Top Perks & Benefits:
- Holidays Off with Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (listed below)
- Promote-from Within Opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Safe Harbor Match
- Annual Attendance/Holiday Bonus
- Life Insurance Option
- Fitness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Wellness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Monday to Friday
- 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- 8–10-hour shift
- Overtime as needed
- May include occasional weekend work to meet production
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Somerset, PA 15501: Reliably commute, or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)