CNC Programmer (Full-Time) | $25–$45 Per Hour
As a full-time CNC Programmer with Augustine Die & Mold, Inc. (ADM), you will apply your CNC programming (5 years required) and machining (8–10 years required) experience in the manufacture of parts for a wide array of industries including Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Medical, Water/Wastewater Treatment, and more. The CNC Programmer works a consistent Monday to Friday schedule (with some overtime) and receives holidays off with pay. ADM offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Perform modeling, programming, and setup of new CNC programs for production tooling or customer products.
- Work from shop orders, verbal instructions, blueprints, drawings, or sketches to determine work procedure, machine, tool, and occasionally material required to complete the machined product.
- Analyze customer drawings to determine dimensions and choose cutting tools, machine speeds, and feed rates.
- Determine interrelated dimensions to close tolerance (location points, clearance, pitch, and fit) and lay-out operations on work piece(s).
- Re-engineer from a sample part or concept to complete machining request (may include creating sketches and drawings).
- Determine raw material requirements to produce desired cuts and finishes on each material.
- Program CNC machines in accordance with blueprints.
- Make program adjustments and modify existing CNC programs.
- Analyze current programs to optimize cycle times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong mathematics and trigonometry skills as related to machining
- Proficiency with GibbsCAM®software
- Experience with programming various CNC mills and lathes
- Ability to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, bills of materials, and material specifications
- Knowledge of G and M Codes
- Ability to use, interpret, and apply ASME Y14.5 GD&T Standard
- Proficiency with CAD
- Strong attention to detail
- 5-axis milling center and multiaxis lathe programming experience
- FANUC-controlled machining experience
- Wire EDM experience
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED) required
- 5 years of GibbsCAM CNC programming experience required
- 8–10 years of machining experience required
Top Perks & Benefits:
- Consistent Schedule Monday to Friday
- Holidays Off with Pay
- Promote-from-Within Opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (listed below)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Safe Harbor Match
- Annual Attendance Bonus
- New-Hire Referral Bonuses
- Dependent College Tuition Benefits
- Life Insurance Option
- Fitness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Wellness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Monday to Friday
- 10-hour shift
- Overtime as needed
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Somerset, PA 15501: Reliably commute, or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred).