Waterjet Operator, General Laborer (Full-Time)
$15–$20 Per Hour DOE
As a Waterjet Operator, General Laborer with Augustine Die & Mold, Inc. (ADM), you will support ADM’s full-service ultrahigh-pressure Waterjet Cutting operations for customers seeking high-quality, cost-effective, high-precision parts from basic and simple designs to the most complex with compound angles and difficult shapes. Position works 2nd shift, 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Prior waterjet or plasma table operations highly preferred, but we are willing to train the right mechanically inclined candidate. ADM offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
- Operate, load, and unload material and parts using cranes and other equipment; prove programs; operate controls; set offsets; and perform deburring and inspections of quality parts for performance requirements.
- Under supervision, assist skilled CNC operators with equipment and provide QA support for immediate Supervisor or Lead Machinist/Trainer.
- Pack finished assemblies to ensure protection for shipment and transports to storage area.
- Ensure that production rates are met or exceeded.
- Detect equipment malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine, within capabilities.
- Control media as required to ensure quality of production.
- Report all malfunctions to Supervisor or Management.
- Perform troubleshooting and light maintenance duties.
- Maintain a clean working environment around all equipment and all areas in the shop.
- Become educated in all areas of Shop Safety and practice learned techniques in all daily activities.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic math skills, including but not limited to, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, geometry, and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
- Ability to perform physically demanding medium-duty tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic communication skills.
- Negative Panel Drug Screen
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and geometric tolerancing
- Knowledge of the use of precision measuring instruments and their application, including but not limited to, calipers, micrometers, pin mics, depth gages, dial indicators, and scales
- Ability to operate tow motors and forklifts
- Working knowledge of PCs and their application to a shop environment
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prior waterjet or plasma table operations highly preferred
- Prior rigging and crane operation a plus
Top Perks & Benefits:
- Consistent schedule
- Holidays Off with Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Listed Below)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Safe Harbor Match
- Annual Attendance/Holiday Bonus Eligibility
- Life Insurance Option
- Fitness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Wellness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Monday to Friday
- 2nd shift, 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Overtime as needed
- May include an occasional weekend day to meet production
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Somerset, PA 15501: Reliably commute, or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)