Manufacturing Maintenance Technician (Full-Time)
$16–$30 Per Hour DOE
As a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician with Augustine Plastics, Inc. (API), you will provide preventative and emergency maintenance on all machinery and equipment as well as maintain the safety and security of buildings and grounds. Prior maintenance experience in a manufacturing facility is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate. API offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance tasks, such as visual inspections, filter changes, greasing and lubricating, and cleaning with minimal supervision for manufacturing machines and mechanical, industrial, electrical, hydraulic, transportation, and HVAC equipment.
- Perform emergency repair and corrective maintenance as needed.
- Supply recommendations for spare parts and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Perform outside work in all seasons that at times may require working in inclement weather (e.g., shoveling snow, patching concrete, cleaning transportation vehicles, etc.).
- Work with contract service providers and support contractors executing maintenance activities.
- Establish working knowledge of fire suppression and security systems.
- Learn and utilize computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) program for maintenance tracking.
- Maintain the company’s culture of safety by assisting in all safety initiatives and following all safety procedures throughout the facility.
- Contribute as a member of the Safety Committee and participate in meetings as required.
- Perform miscellaneous jobs and projects as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret part manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions, and troubleshooting guides
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision in a demanding environment
- Effective communication skills and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and understand instructions and information
- Occasional lifting of up to 70 pounds
- Ability to bend, reach, grasp, push, pull assorted items without difficulty
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Prior experience in a maintenance role in a manufacturing environment
- Good attendance and safety record
- Experience operating an overhead crane and forklift
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-year technical degree preferred
Top Perks & Benefits:
- Consistent schedule
- Holidays Off with Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Listed Below)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Safe Harbor Match
- Annual Attendance Bonus
- Life Insurance Option
- Fitness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Wellness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Monday to Friday
- 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Overtime as needed
- May include occasional weekend work to meet maintenance needs
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Somerset, PA 15501: Reliably commute, or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)