Machining Cost Estimator, Purchasing Agent (Full-Time)
As a Machining Cost Estimator, Purchasing Agent with Augustine Die & Mold, Inc. (ADM), you will own the lead role in responding to Requests for Quotes (RFQs) and developing competitive, cost-effective quotes for presentation to customers in a timely manner. Apply your knowledge of CNC machining processes, materials purchasing, labor costs, quality control, and other techniques to maximize ADM’s cost-effective manufacture and on-time distribution of goods. ADM offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Receive and promptly review customers’ Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
- Develop competitive, cost-effective quotes for presentation to customers in a timely manner.
- Prepare work to be quoted by gathering blueprints, specifications, vendor pricing, and related RFQ documents.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Estimate manufacturing hours for each component determined to be manufactured in house.
- Use knowledge of CNC machines and equipment to schedule items necessary to estimate production cycles.
- Purchase raw materials by verifying specifications and price.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance to terms of contracts.
- Monitor inventory items by verifying stock; schedule delivery.
- Generate periodic (daily, monthly, quarterly) reports as required, including schedule attainment, machine utilization, scrap rates, etc.
- Interact with shop floor management daily to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies.
- Proven experience as a Machining Cost Estimator and Purchasing Agent
- Extensive knowledge of precision CNC machine shop operations, materials, and shop supplies
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Excellent time-management, math, problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2016 Rev. D Quality Management Systems
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 3–5 years of experience in machining cost estimating and materials purchasing required
Top Perks & Benefits:
- Consistent schedule
- Holidays Off with Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Listed Below)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Safe Harbor Match
- Annual Attendance Bonus
- Life Insurance Option
- Fitness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Wellness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Monday to Friday
- 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Somerset, PA 15501: Reliably commute, or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)