Plastic Injection Mold Setter Apprentices (Full-Time)
Starting at $15 Per Hour
Hiring multiple Apprentices: As a Plastic Injection Mold Setter Apprentice with Augustine Plastics, Inc. (API), you will provide setup support and train to develop the necessary skills to advance into the Plastic Injection Mold Setup Technician role. You will play a key role in the production of plastic parts and components for a wide array of industries including Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Medical, Water/Wastewater Treatment, and more. The apprentices will work Monday to Friday 2nd Shift (2:00 to 10:00 pm) or 3rd Shift (10:00 pm to 6:00 am) with shift premium pay, and will receive holidays off with pay. Positions may work overtime as needed. API offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
- Follow Work Instructions to set up, start up, and maintain injection molding equipment and machinery and install and remove molds.
- Maintain optimum molding processes, perform material handling/storage, and other miscellaneous jobs.
- Evaluate parts per Molding and Finishing Guidelines.
- Release parts for molding via check-off documentation.
- Enter required information on IQMS RTStation operator panel.
- Hook hoist to mold as well as lift mold from presses.
- Maintain inventory.
- Maintain setup records.
- Recommend parts and accessories that need to be ordered.
- Provide operator training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment
- Experience with multimeters, air tools, hand tools, power tools, test equipment, guages, scales, gantries, and hoists
- Mechanical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 55 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver and set up tooling weights of up to approximately 15,000 lbs.
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED) required
- 1–2 years of plastics molding experience (preferred)
- Willing to train the right candidate with mechanical and machinery experience
Top Perks & Benefits:
- Holidays Off with Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (listed below)
- Promote-from Within Opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Safe Harbor Match
- Annual Attendance/Holiday Bonus
- Life Insurance Option
- Fitness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Wellness Center Membership, Corporate Discount
- Monday to Friday
- 8–10-hour shift
- 2nd shift, 2:00 to 10:00 pm
- or 3rd shift, 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Overtime as needed
- May include some weekend work to meet production
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Somerset, PA 15501: Reliably commute, or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)